Thursday 9 October 2014

What's in My Shower

Dear Beauty Diary,
I decided to do a post on what I use in my shower. I'm a pretty boring person when it comes to showers, so please bear with me. You can click here to view the posts I did on my skincare routine and my bodycare routine! :)

MVNE Organic Shampoo, $23 (USD $18.40)

I became paranoid when I discovered that many many shampoos contain harmful and harsh ingredients that may cause cancer in the long run. So I switched to using organic shampoo. This one is by MVNE, a Japanese brand. I like how its organic, but I dislike how its so drying on my hair. It just strips my hair of all its natural oils and leaves it in a big fluffy mess after every shower. I have to tame my hair by applying lots of hair oil on it. I didn't need hair oil till I started using this shampoo... I'm planning on switching to another shampoo once I'm done with this bottle. Any recommendations on organic shampoos?


LUSH Sweetie Pie Shower Jelly, $12 (USD $9.60)

I love the diverse range of soaps and shower gels LUSH offers. They have so many great scents! When I heard of using jelly to shower, I just had to get one of the LUSH shower jellies. I prefer the sweet scent of Sweetie Pie over the refreshing one of Whoosh, so I got myself a tub of Sweetie Pie. Its really a jingly piece of jelly. Its quite hard to use in the shower, so I cut mine up into many tiny little pieces and use a piece each time I shower. It smells like blackcurrant syrup, and leaves a nice layer of moisture on my skin every time I use it. By the way, this product really works. It lathers up and cleanses really well. ;)


Biore Marshmallow Whip Facial Foam for acne prone skin, $12 (USD $9.60)

I use this facial cleanser on my face when I bathe, so is it considered as being part of my shower? Anyway, I've been using this cleanser for years now. I prefer a foam cleanser, and this one foams up so beautifully. The foam is very packed and spreads on my face very smoothly and evenly. It removes oil and dirt though, so it is a little drying. However, it doesn't completely strip my face dry. You'll need to follow up with a moisturiser after using this cleanser.


LUSH Ro's Argan Body Conditioner, $58 (USD $46.39)

Sometimes, I use the LUSH Ro's Argan Body Conditioner in the shower. Its a body conditioner, so it has to be washed off in the end. If I don't feel like applying body lotion that day, I would use this little pot of rose goodness. I apply soap to cleanse, wash it off, towel dry, then apply this body conditioner. I personally feel that it takes quite some time to sink in. I usually wait around in the shower and read a book or so for 20 minutes while I wait for the product to sink in. Then I wash it off and towel dry. It is quite oily and leaves a film on your skin though, which I don't find very comfortable. Thus I only use this on a whim. It is worth mentioning though, since the scent is just so sweet and smells like vanilla ice cream with rose petals.

By the way, I included my body lotions in my Bodycare routine, since I don't moisturise right after a shower...


The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Body Scrub, $30 (USD $23.99)

For those days that I want to get rid of all that dull, rough skin, I whip out The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Body Scrub and get the scrubbing going. This body scrub is pretty rough and harsh and will buff away all that dead skin cells. It is very scrubby and a little goes a long way. While it is really scrubby, I feel that its not all that good at moisturising. You definitely need to follow up with a body lotion after all that intense scrubbing. This scrub smells delicious though! It smells like a chocolate cake, made with dark chocolate - it isn't a sweet chocolate scent. Click here to read my full review on The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Body Scrub.


The Body Shop Honeymania Body Scrub, $30 (USD $23.99)

As you can see, my Honeymania Body Scrub from The Body Shop has received a lot of love from me. Ohhh I just love the scent of this scrub so much! It smells like flowers and honey. Its really gentle too, so I use it very often throughout the week. Its pretty moisturising, especially when you're washing off the scrub. The scrub turns into a milky lotion, which I leave on my skin for a while to double up as a moisturiser. I would recommend this scrub to those who have sensitive skin. Its really gentle and isn't all that harsh to your skin. Click here to read my full review on The Body Shop Honeymania Body Scrub.


And that is all for my What's in My Shower post. Yup, I don't use much products, as I like to keep my showers as short as possible. You may be surprised that I don't even use hair conditioner, since I don't really like the thought of sitting around in my shower waiting for products to sink in. I use hair oil to moisturise instead, but I'm thinking of featuring that in another post (since I don't really use it in the shower...).

Do you have any wonderful products you use in your shower? Share them below so that I can try them out too! :)

No comments: